Feeds RSS

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Travel Day


These are my beds in my hotel room at Pop Century resort in WDW.
A high view of my beautiful hometown of American Fork! I miss you all!


Sunday I had to wake up early to get ready and finish packing the essentials before we could leave for the airport. When we got there, we had about an hour before my plane left, and the line for southwest check-in was HUGE! It was the longest line for any of the airlines(the others were rather short). Mom stood in line with me while the boys sat on a bench to wait. I already had my boarding passes, so we just needed to check my luggage in. We got up there, and my parents were worried that my big suitcase was going to be over the fifty lb limit, but luckily it weighed in as 45 lbs! the other one was about 33 lbs. not too bad right?

My first flight was from Salt Lake to Vegas, it was a nice short flight, and I was able to pick out the different cities in Utah along the way! I saw Salt Lake, Murray, American Fork, Provo, Utah Lake(not a city, but still cool from above!) Payson, Nephi, Richfield, Parowan, Ceder City, and St. George(there were a few more that I didn't list). It was super neat for me to see them, because it allowed me to say my last goodbye to them all. :D I was especially sad flying over AF, because it's my hometown and I miss it already.

I got into Vegas and met up with BethAnne, a girl I met from disboards(a forum I joined when I first applied to the program). She and I had the same flight from Vegas to Orlando. We talked during our layover and then I boarded the plane first, because my letter and number were in the first group. I got us seats, and then it was off to Florida! We had no idea where we were whenever we looked out the windows, because everything just looks sort of the same. Well, it does go from looking orange and brown to lots of green! There was a little bit of turbulence, as we flew over some rain clouds, but other than that, we got into Orlando ten minutes early.

At the airport, we had to take this tram from the plan terminals to where our luggage would be. Our luggage was in terminal A, on the 2nd floor. We waited for a while for my luggage, and finally it came! I never had recieved my luggage tags from Disney Magical Express, so I had to lug my luggage around everywhere, it was for sure over 100 lbs all together! (my muscles are still sore). I went to level one to find the magical express, but it was nowhere to be found! I saw one of the buses outside, and found some other confused people, and they talked to the bus driver, who told us we had to go clear across to terminal B! I was not happy, for my luggage was heavy and it was pretty far. We treked over, but I got behind, for I had to stop and rest everynow and then. When I finally got to the right terminal, I felt so lost and I wanted to cry, so I called my dad and he calmed me down a bit. I then called BethAnne(she was waiting for her sister) and she was going to come help me, but I then finally found the right place. I had to wait in another line, and when I talked to the cast member, he said I wasn't in the system(explains why I never got luggage tags) but luckily he let me go on anyways XD. I then went to a red carpet where they told me which line to get in(i was in C6) and then waited for my bus to come(there were other people there too). I got on the bus, glad to be rid of my luggage for a bit, and called my dad while a movie about WDW played. It took about maybe twenty to thirty minutes to get to my hotel, and when i got there, I was so glad that one of the cast members offered to help me with my luggage. He was such a blessing! I went and got checked in and then he showed me where my room was while pulling my luggage on a cart. I got to my room and I thanked him and asked if there was anything else(like maybe a tip?) and he said nope, smiled, and left. Wow! He was so kind! I didn't settle in really, because I was starving!

Everything Pop is a cafeteria and gift shop combined. I ended up having the chicken breast nuggets and fries, and, of course, a chocolate milk. It was pretty pricey, but I was hungry! I made fry sauce myself with the ketchup and mayo there, and it was pretty good. The food was yummy and Hatching Pete was on tv. After I ate I went to my room and chilled on my bed talking to people on the phone and watching the Disney Channel, then I went to bed! There you go! Love you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment