Feeds RSS

Friday, August 21, 2009

Day three-traditions

so Wednesday(aug. 12) we had our Traditions class. It is a four hour class(for regular non college program cast members its eight hours!) about the past present and future of the Disney Company. It wasn't too bad of a class. Our instructors were pretty interesting and they helped keep me awake, especially since we all had to be at the bus by 6:45 am when it didn't even start until 8! I was glad to have the earlier one though, because we got our cast id's, which meant we could finally go play in the parks! After Traditions, we went home to our apartment and got ready to go to Magic Kingdom! We decided to head to Epcot though first, because my two other roommates wanted to go there. We rode Spaceship Earth and The Seas with Finding Nemo. We also went to Club Cool to taste the different sodas from around the world. The Beverly one is most interesting!

After Club Cool we walked the World Showcase. We went into the Japanese pavillion shop so I could get me some chopsticks to finally eat my ramen I had just bought!(I always eat ramen with chopsticks). They are really cute and have little bunnies on them. :D I also bought a bottle of my favorite Japanese soda with the marble stopper in the top! I am so glad that they have them there, and that I get a discount on them ;) Ha ha! They also cost as much as they do at home too! Oh I forgot we also checked out the World Traveler shop where Brittney was going to be working at.

After Epcot we went to Magic Kingdom, and we looked around the different shops, especially at Main Street Fantasyland, so that Lauren and I could see where we could/would be working. My area is very cute but busy as well. We went into Toon Town to find my friend Nick, so he and I could finally meet, but as soon as I found him, I turned around for just a second, and he was gone! I guess he went on break, but I didn't have my phone on me to ask, as I had left it in the car on accident. Since he was no where to be found we left to play and ride some rides. We also ate at Peco's Bill's in Frontierland. We rode Pirate's(only a five minute wait!) and I think Snow White, and Buzz Lightyear, and Stitch's Great Escape. As well as Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It rained a little that day, which made it nice and cool at times. We then watched some of Wishes as we left the park to go home. It was an awesome day! Well, the only snag was that to enter the parks we had to show our photo id's because they hadn't been activated yet. (it took 24 hours), and we couldn't get fast passes. *shrugs* still a good first day with our id's. :D

Oh i almost forgot! we also got our name badges! Mine says Jessica, and below it, it reads Utah State University!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Very cool, Jess. :D Glad things are going well.

Anie said...

Wow, I am still stuck on the 4 hour long class...gross! I thought my 2 hr and 45 minute classes were bad! guess not!
sounds like you are having a great time! has it been humid there?

Jessica said...

its always humid. ha ha, especially at night. but the 4 hour long class wasnt bad at all. they had breaks, and who doesnt love learning about Disney?

Post a Comment