Feeds RSS

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

start of training

On Day Four, I started my training. I got to the costuming building at Magic Kingdom and there I met my first trainer Jack, as well as tried on my costume to get the right size. Now, I must tell you that if you ever are going to work for Disney, their sizes, at least pants and skirts, are two sizes bigger than what you normally would wear. Also, you need to wear them at your natural waistline...or at your belly button. My costume is a blue skirt with chickens and hearts and flowers on them, and a white button up shirt(which you tuck in) that has embroidering on it. That day was a walk around with Jack and the other girl I was training with, Christine. We walked around and learned more about "the basics"(the four things that we should be doing as cast members...do i remember them all right now? nope.) Jack was very friendly, and loves flirting with all the cute girls. Dont worry, his wife knows. He is such a sweet guy and was so great to learn from! That night after work, I went shopping with my friend Chris to the outlet mall a few minutes walk from where we live. I had to find some shoes for work. Technically I shouldn't have the ones I do have, but I am using them because they are comfortable.

Day five was the class, "Once Upon a Time...Is Now." This morning I missed the bus(I looked at the time wrong) and luckily the bus going to Traditions that day let me on. It was a good thing because if I had taken the next bus, I would have gotten there too late, as the class left for MK(magic kingdom) like a few minutes after I got there. I know for a fact that I was blessed and that it was the Lord's hand in helping me. The lady who let me on the Traditions bus was even from Salt Lake! So this class was a tour of the Magic Kingdom. We learned a lot about the park, and got to ride two rides, Buzz Lightyear and Haunted Mansion. It was a fun class and I am glad I made it. That night I went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot with Chris and two of his roommates. It was a blast! Chris left though while we were at Epcot to eat with his parents and me and his roommates went to eat at the American Pavilion. I also got my first ever funnel cake there, and oh my gosh it was amazing! We went to the Boardwalk so Brenden(the others name was Bryan) could get some dessert from the pastry shop he was going to work at. We then got lost in the hotel there looking for the cast bus we needed to take back to our apartments, but luckily a nice bell hop showed us where to go.

Saturday(Day six) Brittney and I had the class Merchantainment. There we learned all about retail and how to work the registers. I had a hard time staying awake in that class, especially cuz a lot of it was review for me. I had fun working on the registers though, because it was like playing when we were kids. Man what i would have given to have a play register like that when I was a kid! After Merchantainment(where I got a pin that says Merchantainment on it, you can only get it through that class), we went to Cast Connections and Property Control to look for merchandise treasures. I found some pins, a shirt and a scarf. It was a fun place, but it's easy to spend a lot of money there if you aren't careful. Then Brittney and I went home and changed so we could go find her car that her parents left her at Saratoga resort. We got off the wrong bus stop so we had to walk a ways to find her car, but it wasn't so bad. We then went to Hollywood Studios for an hour, because it closed early, where we rode The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours! On Star Tours, we had just passed Endor the moon, and it felt like we crashed, because some lady had pressed an emergency button(where in the heck is an emergency button????) and wanted off. She left then they had to start the ride again. After studios, we went to MK again and went to eat at the Starlight Cafe. We used some remaining meals from her parents that were going to expire that day, and when Chris and his roommates met up with us, they used some as well. After we ate we went on some rides. When we got off Splash Mountain, it started to pour rain! We already were wet! Chris bought a poncho, and after he bought it, it stopped raining. Ha ha! We finally got to ride Peter Pan, because we took advantage of people being at the fireworks. I still havent ridden Pooh, Dumbo, or the Carosel in Fantasyland.

I had to work Sunday, so I didnt get to go to church, or the evening sacrament :( But this day my trainer was Andrea, and I started to work on registers. Monday, my trainer was Sally(i think) and it was just a day to finish everything up. After that I became an official cast member, and the next day I started work on my own without a trainer, and I was nervous, but it wasn't too bad. Sometimes I still get nervous, but I ask someone else who has been there longer, or I ask a coordinater or manager.

Today I learned floor stock for the first time, but no one taught me really what needed to be done, so some things i was supposed to do didnt get done :( luckily people were nice to me about it, and i know now what needs to be done. Let's just hope someone teaches me what needs to be done for area stock. *crosses fingers*

1 comments:

Qanita said...

Loved reading all your posts!

Post a Comment